2024 August iRest Level 1 Training with Stephanie Lopez and Jennifer Cabanero ONLINE
2024 August iRest Level 1 Training with Stephanie Lopez and Jennifer Cabanero ONLINE
iRest Level 1 Teacher Training
August 13-18, 2024
Online via Zoom
Please note: By purchasing this event, you are confirming that you have read and agree with both the Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability and Ethics Agreement as seen below.
About This Event
What does an iRest Level 1 Teacher Training entail?
This training is a multi-day practical and experiential program that teaches the research-backed 10-Step iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation protocol. It offers you all of the tools and experience required to deeply enrich your personal practice and teach the fundamentals of iRest to others.
This training is a dedicated time to embark on a journey to discover your unwavering inner resource of wellbeing and unlock simple and profound tools that transform how you meet yourself, navigate life and learn to support others to do the same.
Is this training right for me?
Yes! If you’re looking for a transformative experience and in-depth exploration into the origin, evolution, and practical application of this secular meditation practice. It’s something that anyone can do and everyone can benefit from.
Our students usually fall into three categories:
The self-practitioners: People from all over the world who are seeking authentic connection, relief from inner turmoil, or are simply curious about meditation as a tool for self-inquiry.
The 1-on-1 practitioners: Yoga therapists, psychologists, clinicians, and practitioners of the healing arts looking to learn new skills and incorporate this complementary practice into their toolbox.
The group facilitators: Professionals looking to teach iRest to people in general settings like yoga classes and more specialized treatment facilities such as rehabilitation centers.
What will I learn?
- How to better understand your thoughts, emotions, and difficult experiences so that you can use them as messengers toward inner freedom and renewed ease.
- How to move beyond attachment and identification with your body, mind, and experiences to uncover feelings of peace, wholeness and authenticity.
- How to apply the 10-step iRest protocol in your own life and deliver it as an offering to individuals and groups.
By the end of the training you’ll be confident and competent in your personal practice and ability to guide and teach others.
Students have shared that this training has been one of the most transformative experiences of their lives.
“Once I felt the power of the practice for myself, all I wanted to do was share it with others.“ — Mary Steinberg
“I’ve seen over and over again how iRest has completely transformed people’s lives—mine included. It gave me an absolute perspective shift, a reset, and transformed the way I relate to myself, to life, and to everyone around me.” — Una Hubbard
LIVE PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENT: Live (including online) participation is required to receive an iRest Level 1 Certificate of Completion and classification as an iRest Level 1 Teacher. Attendance will be tracked during each session.
Venue / Platform
Dates / Schedule
Recommended and Required Reading
Continuing Education (CE) Information
Waiver of Liability
AGREEMENT OF RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Please read carefully and discuss questions or concerns by contacting us BEFORE signing.
I hereby agree to the following:
I understand that I am participating in an event offered by the iRest Institute (hereinafter “Institute”) that offers yoga instruction and iRest. I recognize that yoga may require physical and mental exertion that can be strenuous, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
I understand that yoga and iRest programs may release strong emotions and I accept this possibility and the result of such emotional release.
I acknowledge that there are risks and dangers that cannot be eliminated in this type of event, and even if a risk or danger could have been eliminated, this does not always occur.
I understand and accept that at in person events physical contact between student and instructor may be necessary. I consent to such contact as is considered necessary by the Instructor.
I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and have no medical condition that would prevent my full participation in yoga, iRest and any other Institute programs. I will advise Institute instructors of any and all physical and emotional conditions that could be affected by yoga, iRest and Institute offerings.
I agree to follow instructions carefully and to immediately stop any activity that causes me any unacceptable discomfort, emotional distress or pain. I will report any discomfort, emotional distress or pain to the instructor as soon as possible during or at the end of the program.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in yoga and iRest programs with the Institute, I agree to assume full responsibility for all risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown that I might incur as a result of participating in such activities.
I understand that yoga and iRest may produce a deep state of relaxation that can continue for many hours after the program is complete. I acknowledge that I may need to refrain from driving a vehicle after a yoga or iRest session, until I feel capable of responding to the situations that may arise while driving.
I understand that if this event is being presented in an on-line format it may not allow the instructor to watch my movements or my posture. I accept any additional risk that may be present because of the instructor being unable to correct any movement or behavior that I may be experiencing and I agree that I will stop any movement or activity that causes me pain or discomfort.
I acknowledge that during my participation in this event I may be filmed and/or recorded and my image and/or voice may appear in one or more videos or recordings, being produced by Richard Miller or the Institute. I further acknowledge that one or more of the videos and/or recordings in which my image and or/voice appears may be posted to the Institute’s website and may be shown at various Institute events to support initiatives of the Institute. I consent to the Institute posting the videos and/or recordings, which contain my image and/or voice, on its website or using the videos and/or recordings at retreats, workshops, trainings and other events where they may feel it is appropriate to promote the Institute or for any other purpose. I am aware that the videos and/or recordings may be shared with and/or sold to various people within the Institute and/or with other people who are not part of the Institute for the purpose of soliciting donations for the Institute and for other purposes and I consent to such use of my image and voice in these videos and recordings.
I release the instructor, substitute instructors, assistants, facility, Institute and its directors, officers, advisors and employees (referred to as ‘Providers’) from all actions, causes, claims, suits, damages and liabilities arising out of, or connected with, my participation in yoga, iRest and Institute programs including, but not limited to, personal physical, mental or emotional injury, illness (including death) and/or loss of property. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless all of the Providers.
I, my heirs, assigns, legal representatives and spouse, if any, forever release, waive, discharge and agree not to sue any of the Providers for any injuries or damages I may sustain.
I waive and release any rights I may have under California Civil Code §1542, which states as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, and that if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party “
I agree that this waiver will be interpreted, as broadly as allowed by law, and that if part of this waiver is deemed invalid then the balance shall remain in effect
I further agree that this waiver and any subsequent claims or legal proceedings will be governed by the laws of the state of California.
I freely and voluntarily agree to these terms and conditions even though I would not be able to participate without signing this waiver. I assert that my participation and signing is voluntary and that I assume all risks.
Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct Policy
An essential element of the Integrative Restoration iRest® practice is the development and maintenance of caring and professional teacher-student and client-practitioner relationships. Clear and appropriate guidelines regarding professional and social conduct and interpersonal (including sexual) boundaries are necessary for creating safe and supportive environments that foster appropriate and healthy relationships. Accordingly, iRest Institute is committed to upholding the highest standards of ethical behavior with regards to personal and professional conduct.
This policy serves to support the continued growth of individual iRest teachers, as well as our community of iRest practitioners and students. The following ethical and professional standards are intended to aid practitioners in evaluating appropriate behavior. However, the Code of Ethics
and Professional Conduct of the iRest Institute is not a voluntary standard of behavior. Anyone who is teaching iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation, any teacher who advertises, identifies as, or calls themselves an iRest Level 1 or Level 2 Teacher, or any Certified iRest Teacher, must adhere to this Code of Conduct in order to maintain their privileges as outlined in the iRest Institute
Copyright, Trademark and Permission Guidelines document.
Each person who enters into an iRest Institute training, and each person who completes the certification requirements and becomes a Certified iRest Teacher, agrees to observe and be held to the standard of behavior set out in this policy.
Professional Ethics and Conduct
Commitment to Client/Student
1. I will respect the rights and dignity of my clients/students.
2. I will neither refuse nor discriminate against students on the basis of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or national origin.
3. I will show sensitive regard for the moral, social, religious and other spiritual standards of my students. I avoid imposing my beliefs on others, although I may express them when appropriate during a class or session.
4. I will maintain professional boundaries in relationships with clients/students and avoid any relationships that may exploit the trust of clients/students.
5. I will obtain informed consent to use ethical touch, as appropriate, in iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation sessions and group classes, such as assisting a client to find a comfortable position for the practice. In general, touch is not necessary in offering iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation and the necessity of the touch and the potential effect on the client/student should first be considered before requesting consent for ethical touch.
6. I will refrain from: 1) Attempting to diagnose a student's physical or psychological condition; 2) Prescribing a treatment; or 3) Suggesting or approving of a client/student going against her/his physician's (or other licensed medical professionals) advice.
7. I will safeguard the confidentiality of all client information whether written or spoken.
8. I will keep or dispose of any records on a student in a manner that assures security and confidentiality.
9. I will bill clients/students accurately and fairly.
10. I will obtain consent from students before photographing, audio or videotape recording or permitting third party observation of iRest sessions.
11. I will ask students’ permission before adding their names to mailing lists and be clear about the content of mailings, respecting also the students’ right to opt-out of the mailing list.
Commitment to Profession
1. I will work to promote high standards within the field of yoga nidra meditation.
2. I commit to maintain and improve my teaching skills through personal practice, ongoing study or mentorship, and to meet any recertification requirements.
3. I will ensure that all information relating to the benefits of iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation and information used for promotional marketing purposes is accurate, clearly stated and not misleading in any way.
4. I will not harass a student, employee or colleague, in person or through online activities, such as trolling, stalking, using hate speech, threatening, intimidating, reporting of false grievances, manipulating, or otherwise harassing in any form or manner.
5. I will not harass or dismiss an employee who has acted in a reasonable, responsible and ethical manner to protect or intervene on behalf of a student.
6. I will abstain from the use of alcohol, illicit or illegal drugs, and non-prescribed medications while actively engaged in teaching an iRest Institute sponsored event, or while actively engaged in presenting an iRest event or class in general.
7. I will seek appropriate professional assistance for any personal issues that may impair my ability to practice safely and effectively.
8. I will neither receive nor pay a commission for referral of a client/student.
9. I will make timely referrals to healthcare professionals as appropriate.
10. I will respect copyright and acknowledge sources when drawing from the work of others, and will adhere to the iRest Institute Copyright, Trademark, and Permission Guidelines.
Commitment to Public
1. I will accurately represent my qualifications including education, training, experience and professional affiliations.
2. I will provide only those services that I am qualified to perform, as outlined in the Scope of Practice document.
3. I will conduct my business and professional activities with honesty and integrity.
4. I will commit to working toward diversity, equity and inclusive access to iRest offerings.
5. I will adhere to all local and national laws.
6. I will bring any concerns about the ethical behavior of another iRest teacher to the attention of the Ethics Committee.
7. I will, as much as possible, commit to environmental sustainability in all business practices, including, but not limited to, recycling, using energy-efficient products, reducing waste, saving water and minimizing environmental impact via travel.
Sexual Harassment and Misconduct
All forms of sexual behavior with students are unethical, even when a student invites or consents to such behavior. Sexual behavior is defined as, but not limited to, all forms of overt and covert seductive speech, gestures and behavior as well as physical contact of a sexual nature.
1. I will not enter into a sexual relationship with a student or client with whom I am actively engaged or working within either private sessions or group classes.
2. I will refrain from establishing a sexual relationship with any student for a minimum of six months after that student has ceased working with me and I will seek consultation regarding entering into such a relationship from the iRest Institute Ethics Committee or other professionals who can advise me on ethical standards of behavior.
3. I will refrain from sexual harassment of students, employees or colleagues.
I acknowledge that these ethical guidelines are not exhaustive. I understand that the failure of these guidelines to address any particular conduct does not mean that the conduct is necessarily ethical or unethical.
If I am uncertain about how to ethically proceed in a particular situation I will contact the iRest Institute Ethics Committee for guidance before acting.
Any reports of my breaching this code will be fairly investigated by the iRest Institute Ethics Committee and I agree to cooperate in an ethics investigation. I understand that unethical behavior is a violation of this policy and may lead to a revocation of:
● my privilege to teach iRest
● my privilege to identify myself an iRest Level 1 or Level 2 trained teacher
● my iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation Certification
This policy is intended to assist iRest practitioners and does not create or imply any liability by iRest Institute for a teacher’s behavior.
Please direct questions regarding iRest Institute’s Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct Policy to the iRest Institute Ethics Committee, attention: email@example.com.
Do I need prior experience? No prior experience in meditation or yoga is necessary.
Is this religious or traditional? No. iRest is intentionally designed as an inclusive secular protocol.
Can I take this training if I’m struggling with trauma, PTSD, anxiety, or depression? Absolutely. iRest is beneficial for everyone and our teachers are trained to hold a safe and supportive environment for you.
- What does the research say? iRest is effective in reducing feelings of stress, worry, and depression. It brings calm and ease, improves sleep, and reduces trauma-related symptoms. You can read the specific research papers here.
If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
†CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Academy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
SCA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact iRest Institute at email@example.com. For questions about CE, contact Spiritual Competency Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have any questions about attending this event? Contact email@example.com.